Contract Senior Game Tester
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You will be responsible for the daily coordination and test of a game. You will work with Production teams and other stakeholders and communicate testing status throughout sprints. You are skilled in creating and upkeeping test documentation, delegating work across a pool of testers, and business communication both up and down the corporate ladder. A strong candidate will have the ability to understand technical, game, and business priorities—allowing effective communication to Production and testing staff.
Big Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
- Implementing sprint and/or feature test plans
- Managing daily tasks and working with Tester 4s on testing scope, and risk mitigation for projects in test
- Working with Tester 4s to execute testing on OS updates and API integration
- Working closely with and tasking vendor testers
- Creating and executing test cases against games, and documenting any issues
- Executing exploratory, performance, integration, and other complex testing tasks
- Logging and tracking bugs in a bug database
- Verifying bug fixes and closing issues upon resolution
- Gathering and reporting on release metrics after game clients/servers are pushed live
- Working closely with Producers throughout the product lifecycle, from design to release
- Creating and updating documentation around QA processes and best practices
- Possessing flexibility to assist other QA members and projects as needed
- Previous experience working on a game regularly updated LiveOps
- Previous experience with mobile testing
- Understand the software development lifecycle of a game, particularly how the QA test cycle is affected by different development models
- Strong understanding game client/server interaction and testing approaches
- Strong understanding of test techniques and when to use them
- Understanding of evaluating risk and how to communicate that risk
- Previous experience writing and executing test cases
- Experience with Xcode and Android Studio/ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
- Experience with Charles Proxy (or equivalent) network monitoring software
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced, chaotic environment with changing deadlines
- Strong communication skills, particularly when communicating with partners in different time zones and with different proficiencies in English
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating games we are proud of, that are loved by millions.