This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Unity Engineer with interest in highly configurable digital avatars and intuitive content tools to inspire user creativity. In this role you will apply your knowledge of real time graphics in Unity to the next generation of virtual self expression and economies of digital assets. This is a rare opportunity to break new ground as we explore the decentralized metaverse.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Write efficient, high-quality, well-designed, testable code within the timelines you help estimate
- Research, prototype, and productize solutions to our most challenging technical problems
- Architect clean, extensible software components and systems with open standards and portability
- Collaborate closely with engineering team, as well as design, art, and business teams
What You Should Have:
- At least 2 years of working professionally as a Unity Engineer
- Expert-level programming experience with C# for Unity
- Proficiency with Unity packages, systems and workflows (Addressables, URP, DOTS)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, testing frameworks
- Experience with optimization, CPU, GPU, and asset profiling
- Working knowledge of real time 3D graphics techniques and 3D math
Nice to Have Experience:
- Collision systems, deformers, dynamics, simulations, physics
- 3D graphics APIs, shaders, graphics hardware acceleration, compute
- Other game engines such as Unreal
- 3D pipelines and DCC tools such as Maya or Blender
- Deploying and testing on mobile platforms
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Fantasy Version of You