This job is no longer accepting applications.
Puny Human is a game development company located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Formed in 2007, we are composed of numerous fun-loving, experienced game developers with a mission to provide our players with entertaining and lasting experiences in a healthy, open, and versatile way.
We are searching for a Animator to ensuring animation quality and be responsible for all character related work on the project team. The Animator on this project will be working closely with other artists, engineers, testers, and work with Production, Engineering, Design, and Test leads.
This person must be extremely detail-oriented, always willing to learn, and be humble. Expect this work to be for a title running on PC, Consoles, and Mobile devices. 18 years of age or older. A high school or college degree not required. Attitude over aptitude.
Animators are responsible for animating in-game characters and assets, and ensuring the success of the animation and rigging pipeline. They are responsible for animation quality, aesthetic vision and they ensure highly attentive and rigorous practices for the team to ensure in-game characters have the highest visual fidelity.
- Lead the team in ensuring high-quality animations and animation rigs, promoting collaboration and organization among the project’s most inventive and quality-oriented artists and engineers.
- Creates and modifies a variety of high quality, believable animation content that fits with the product’s artistic theme, style and vision, implementing into Unreal Engine 4.
- Owns the animation and rigging content that is produced, being accountable for lapses in content quality or output velocity.
- Analyzes client requirements, and gathers reference videos or creates sketches or works with concept artists to create sketches, as necessary, to visualize the intended objective.
- Develops animation material and documentation, such as information on timing, posturing, body language and keyframing, for ensuring a superb animation standard within the project.
- Adheres to existing artistic material, including mood boards, shape language, and color theory documents for ensuring a unified artistic vision.
- Assists in cultivating a lean, agile team-wide personality focused on customer satisfaction, client happiness, development excellence, and knowledge sharing.
- Provides feedback about game design, art choices, difficulty, and balance to other developers and leads.
- Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations and fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ensures product meets or exceeds defined quality goals in accordance to project production guidelines.
- 6 or more years of experience working with real-time 3D game development.
- 3 or more years creating 3D animations and animation rigs for characters, vehicles, weapons or environment props.
- Strong understanding of 3D standards and animation philosophies necessary to create highly optimized animation content in a collaborative environment.
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and advanced comprehension using various features of the editor.
- Strong understanding of time management, estimation, scope, and requirements work in a team setting.
- Intermediate understanding of source-control management software such as PlasticSCM, Perforce, Git, or SVN.
- Minor understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies such as Scrumban or Kanban.
- A discerner, understanding perspectives, empathetic and never making assumptions based on their own interpretation.
- A captivator, with a talkative, outgoing, and friendly personality and positive attitude.
- A sage, capable of maintaining composure in front of many or being interviewed.
- A forward-thinker, constantly formulating new ideas to reach audiences or satisfy fans.
- A creator, capable of trying new things through inventive and innovative means.
- A team player, willing to help regardless of peer relationships or target project.
- A self-starter, able to be motivated regardless of situation or circumstances.
- Tolerant, that doesn’t care about what makes somebody a human being.
- Organized, efficiently self-managing time and tasks to stay on schedule and within budget.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Independent game dev studio that's been making games and providing games services since 2007!