This job is no longer accepting applications.
Animators, grab your reels and prepare to do the best work of your life!
Be part of the longest running animation team in history. Work alongside legends. Use your animation powers for good and touch the hearts of millions of people around the globe.
We want talented CG Character Animators who show exceptional understanding of acting, appeal, entertainment, weight, locomotion, anatomy, and dialogue. If you're funny too, that's a plus. We want artists with a strong point of view who put a personal spin on their work.
- Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through vivid and compelling character acting and movement
- Create quality animation using digital tools for feature films and other related projects
- Work closely with Directors and Animation Supervisors in a feature film environment:
- Receive assigned shots in sequence review with the Directors providing general guidance
- Plan shots with an understanding of story/character context
- Block animation, most commonly using audio dialog track
- Clearly show performance ideas and shot blocking in Director review (animation dailies)
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Animation Supervisors
- Implement changes and completely finish shots in accordance with production schedule
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and shifting requirements
- A reel that is no more than 2 minutes in length of character animation that illustrates visual storytelling, believable expressions, emotional states, weight, physics, balance, appeal, entertainment, clear timing, and staging
- 2 years production experience
- Proficiency in Maya or equivalent software preferred but not required
- Background in traditional hand-drawn, computer, or stop-motion animation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Secret Lab, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The Secret Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.