This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fireproof Games are looking for an experienced animator to build and run a small animation team. The projects will involve heavy use of motion capture to produce realistic performances so it’s essential candidates have experience acquiring and working with mo-cap.
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to contribute to the implementation of animations in the game.
- Create high quality animation based on motion captured performances and keyframe techniques.
- Clearly communicate progress, updates and identify potential roadblocks throughout the project.
- Build and manage a small animation team.
- Be highly self-motivated and proactive with your time.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 commercially released titles.
- Extensive experience animating in Maya.
- A good working knowledge of Unity, game development workflows, processes and tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience shooting and working with motion capture.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
About Fireproof Games
Formed in 2008 by a group of ex-Criterion Games Art leads, Fireproof Studios cut their teeth outsourcing on a number of high profile titles such as Little Big planet 1 & 2 and Killzone Shadowfall before making The Room in 2012, their first game as Fireproof Games.
The Room was a runaway success, winning multiple awards including an Apple GOTY and the BAFTA for Best British Game. Following this initial achievement Fireproof Games followed up with The Room Two, The Room Three, The Room 4: Old Sins and VR exclusive The Room VR: A Dark Matter.
Fireproof has also released high-definition versions of the original Room games on PC, with the first of these also ported to Nintendo Switch.
Fireproof Games are based in Guildford, Surrey and are a 100% independent games developer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creators of the award winning puzzle game series 'The Room' on mobile, PSVR, Oculus Quest, Steam & Switch.