This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kongregate is a leading game developer focused on building engaging experiences in breakout game genres. Our mobile games, including collectible card game Animation Throwdown, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Madness, and the wild west themed Idle Frontier, have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times!
With 15 years of history, Kongregate started out small and has grown into a thriving business with over 80 employees across the nation in three main offices: Portland, Chicago, & San Diego. We are a dedicated and efficient team that enjoys making games as much as playing them. We measure our efforts through results rather than hours worked, and value the importance of a work-life/family balance on top of offering competitive pay and benefits. As our portfolio and teams grow, our culture remains built around gaining knowledge through cooperation. From board game nights to role-playing campaigns, we all continue to learn from each other and grow.
As a Senior Game Artist on Kongregate’s CCG team, you will work with world-class brands to make compelling visuals that help bring our game features to life. In addition to creating concept art that enriches gameplay, you will work to adapt those ideas into production-ready processes. You will collaborate closely with the Art Director, Product Owner, and Senior Lead Designer to build a game that is an evolution of our biggest CCG title, Animation Throwdown. We are excited for you to bring your creative passion and visual problem solving to our team!
- Collaborate with game designers to develop concepts and storyboards that breathe life and charm into features
- Build placeholder assets for fast prototyping and proofs of concept
- Iterate on your work based on feedback from the Art Director, IP holders, and feature stakeholders
- Create high quality 2D assets for our games including: characters, icons, environments, promotional art, and UI stylization
- Establish efficient and enjoyable art asset workflows that help production thrive
- Provide feedback to contractors on their art contributions
- Created art for at least 3 mobile titles
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of work and originality of style
- Exceptional concept art and storyboarding skills
- Solid 2D illustration background with a good visual design sense
- Experience communicating / collaborating in a small team environment
- Demonstrated an ability to adapt to various art styles
- Good creative problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient ability to work with UI/UX
- Professional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient knowledge of layout composition, color theory, and typography
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust with changing timelines
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Ample vacation days, PTO, and Paid Family Leave
- Company wide events, game nights, happy hours and more (all of which are currently virtual)!
- Build awesome games with premier IP holders.
This position is for our Chicago location, but we are open to remote work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Kongregate is a leading developer of free-to-play mobile games.