This job is no longer accepting applications.
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking a Lead Animator to direct character performance for the Los Angeles studio's new project. We're looking for a results-oriented individual with a proven track record of directing and managing a team of animators to develop high-quality character animations that emotionally connect with users. In this role, you will coach and mentor the animation team while working closely with the Art, Design, and Engineering teams to create character animations that will help define the future of AR and VR platforms.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually creative mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, inspiring discovery, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
- Establish the animation quality standard by creating compelling character performances, utilizing keyframe animation techniques.
- Help to maintain the quality standards by establishing guidelines and documenting requirements for the look and quality bar of the animation.
- Coach and mentor the animation team by giving clear and concise feedback in order to strengthen the team's skillset and maintain the project quality bar.
- Collaborate with the technical art and programming teams to help establish, iterate, and refine the animation tools, pipeline and systems.
- Work closely with the Design and Production teams to plan, prioritize, and assign tasks to animation team members.
- Communicate updates and creative goals while also offering up potential, effective solutions to challenges.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent skillset.
- Proficient with Maya.
- 5+years of gameplay animation experience with at least one shipped title as Lead Animator.
- A demo reel that exhibits a broad range of compelling character animations and an expert knowledge of classical animation principles.
- Strong leadership and production management skills.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving.
- You have experience on AAA console games, high profile mobile titles or AR/VR.
- You have experience using the Unity game engine.
- Experience with producing animations for established IP.
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning tools within Maya.
- Knowledge of scripting in Maya and Python.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality