Cinematic Assembly Animator (Temporary Assignment)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
As the developers of The Last of Us, Uncharted and Jak and Daxter series, Naughty Dog’s games are renowned for their character-driven narratives set in richly detailed worlds. For the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game, we’re looking to bring the same level of ambition, and intricate world building to this unique multiplayer project. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft a special experience that will be enjoyed and shared by millions of players around the world.
The Cinematic Assembly Animator will be a responsible for prepping and setting up cinematic assets in Maya and in game. They will work closely with Editorial and the Cinematography teams on the iterative revisions of scenes layout. They will make sure the scenes are building and running in the game engine.
- Maya: Assembling cinematic scenes with characters/sets/props
- Loading character mocap data as Time Editor clips
- Updating the timing for iterative editorial passes
- Engine: Creating necessary assets to build cinematic animations into the game engine
- Debugging issues that may arise either in Maya or in Engine to ensure we maintain efficient workflow for the team
- Potential to also support the cinematography team with rough layout of cameras for scenes (skill set depending)
Requirements & Skills
- Experience with character animation using Maya
- Should be Proficient using Maya’s Time Editor
- Basic understanding of scripting
- Technically proficient, able to grasp new processes and workflows quickly
- Be a creative, innovative problem solver
- Experience with animation production for games
- Have experience working on cut scenes and/or interactive animation
- Have experience using non linear animation editors (Time Editor, Story tool (mobu), etc)
- Experience animating realistic humans, including facial animation
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a skill assessment test.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An inside glimpse at Naughty Dog studio life. We're hiring! Come work with us at the Kennel! www.naughtydog.com/careers