Animator (Temporary Assignment)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
We are looking for animators to help us seamlessly interweave story and gameplay for our upcoming title. As a studio, Naughty Dog strives to tell rich stories in using this unique interactive medium. If you’re a talented animator who has dreams of being part of this, we would like to hear from you.
Must be able to provide a demo reel or examples of professional work (Online preferred), a breakdown of your contributions to the shot, and an accompanying resume.
- Create character motions through a blend of key-frame animation and motion capture with our proprietary animation tools
- Work with designers and programmers to implement and iterate on these motions to create compelling, entertaining, and visually appealing gameplay and/or cinematic events
- Learn and utilize custom tools and basic scripting
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills
- Have experience animating with motion capture
- Have experience working on cut scenes and/or interactive animation
- Have experience using non linear animation editors (Time Editor, Story tool (mobu), etc)
- Have extensive experience animating realistic humans, including facial animation.
- Have a good sense of weight and timing in your animation performances
- Have a good understanding of acting principles and basic camera staging.
- Be comfortable working with minimal direction
- Be a creative, innovative problem solver
- Be organized, productive, and a good communicator
- Be flexible with making edits and revisions based on gameplay requirements
- Have the ability to grasp new technology quickly and get the most out of it
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an animation test.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An inside glimpse at Naughty Dog studio life. We're hiring! Come work with us at the Kennel! www.naughtydog.com/careers