This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cat Daddy Games, a 2K studio based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 20+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive. While we love being part of such a big, impressive family, our studio is a small team of fun, hard-working, and exceptionally talented game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
We are growing and seeking an experienced Animator to join us. The ideal candidate will have a strong creative and technical background and a collaborative spirit - ready to partner with our team to create games that wow and amaze our players!
- Work with the Animation Lead to design, build, and implement quality animation for the studio’s mobile game titles on schedule.
- Utilize limited and more sophisticated rigs to meet creative needs
- Collaborate with the Animation team to deliver content that fits each game’s vision while also being mindful of all technical requirements and constraints.
- Implement, test, and debug animations using Cat Daddy’s proprietary software and in-game debugging tools.
- Proactively seek feedback from your Lead to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Rapidly iterate and refine ideas based on feedback.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years' experience as an Animator with at least one shipped title. Mobile experience preferred!
- Strong experience using 3DS Max with character setup and animation using CatRig
- Experience using Maya and/or Photoshop a plus
- Comfort with using source control software, such as Perforce.
- Strong understanding of the 12 principles of animation as well as understanding the importance of crafting strong silhouettes based on camera placement.
- A good understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- Experience crafting hand key animation. Comfort working with motion capture for gameplay features is a plus
- Self-starter and problem-solving demeanor with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- A desire for learning new software, tools, and technologies.
- Strong technical skills, including the ability to build custom rigging using scripts in Max and/or in Maya, will put you ahead of the curve.
- A passion for games!
To be considered, applicants must provide an online portfolio showcasing previous work. Applicants without a portfolio, reel, or demo work will not be considered.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Catdaddy.com accounts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.