This job is no longer accepting applications.
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience constantly changing operating a global online theme park.
Seeking a 3D animator and layout artist to join the art team. Along with keyframe character animation for gameplay and cinematics, this role will also focus on working with our proprietary game engine to construct and implement various elements included in cinematic sequences. The artist will work closely with both the art and design teams on tasks ranging from pre-production to final polish.
- Extensive professional experience animating in Maya.
- Solid understanding of cinematography, staging, editing, pacing, timing, and narrative development.
- Strong demonstration of keyframe character animation workflow.
- Willingness to learn our proprietary engine.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D layout and camera animation.
- Excellent time management skills (for assigned tasks) and the ability to handle large workloads efficiently.
- 2-3 years of direct experience in-studio game development as an animator.
- Flexibility and willingness to incorporate feedback into multiple iterations and revisions.
- Desire and ability to put in the time and effort necessary to make a game great.
Nice to Haves:
- An avid Sky: Children of the Light Player
- Character rigging and skinning experience.
- Knowledge of coding and/or scripting languages.
- Experience working in a game engine.
- Storyboarding ability.
We look forward to meeting you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Dedicated to creating timeless interactive entertainment that inspires human connection worldwide.