This job is no longer accepting applications.
Free Range Games grows games the old fashioned way: we don’t put our devs in cages, we work distributedly, and we don’t use toxic work/life trade-offs. Some of our crafters have worked together from PS1 to PS5 and will tell you about carving games one triangle at a time from punch cards.
We are some of the folk behind Spider-man, Tony Hawk, Lord of the Rings, Twitch Sings, Oddworld, Shrek Super Slam, and dozens of mobile and web games. We believe every member of the team has a voice in what the game should be.
You might have seen we have a whole crop of VR games and enterprise products coming up, but what we need you for to do is one of our Unreal next gen big budget games. We need great, self-driven, challenge-seeking developers to join us in creating something really special on the latest consoles. We like developers who thrive under management neglect.
Here at FRG, we care about one thing, and that’s making a great cup of game. Sure, it may take longer to brew, and we might not call it fancy names, but I guess we just care a little more. And that’s why Free Range Games are still made by the finest devs we can muster. Cooler games for a hipper world, focused on unique mechanics and moments of wonder rather than “hours of content” and “key performance indicators.”
We prioritize community, family, and love-of-gaming over process, crunching, and TPS reports. And maybe that’s what you want too.
Free Range Game is looking for a Senior Animator to join our veteran team of game makers. You will work closely with our Art, Design and Engineering leaders to create innovative gameplay, in-game cinematic experiences and epic moments for brand new, next generation console and PC games.
* Please include your portfolio/reel including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section
- Create game-ready assets utilizing both hand-keyed and motion capture animation data, on realistic human and stylized creature characters, for AAA-level interactive and cinematic sequences.
- Collaborate with designers, producers and art leaders to develop great ideas and create a plan to make them happen.
- Coordinate with gameplay engineers to integrate animations in game and iterate on them to hit fun and quality goals.
- Assist with mocap shoots, including direction, performing and building sets.
- Problem-solve anything happening with animation to help the team, no matter where in the pipeline.
- Awesome portfolio
- Expert at Maya
- Excellent hand key animation skills
- Experience with Unreal a plus
- Experience with modern character pipelines
- Experience with Mocap pipelines
- Passion to learn new tools and technologies
- Facial animation skills a plus
- Skinning, Rigging, Anim TD skills a plus
- Shipped a title on current generation hardware (PS4) or PC equivalent
- Five years of professional animation experience on AAA titles
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Developing games on the edge of a new frontier