This job is no longer accepting applications.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok enables everyone to be a creator, and encourages users to share their passion and creative expression through their videos.
TikTok is seeking a mid level 3D Artist to contribute to the design team with creating various 3D assets, effects and AR experiences, and also supporting R&D prototype for our mobile apps. We are looking for a candidate with solid 3D modeling and conceptual skills. The ideal candidate embraces challenge and growth, desire to learn new technologies, thrives in a team environment, and possesses a confident, passionate, self driven attitude. This role centers around creating fun, engaging artwork for interactive technologies with a team of motivated and innovative artists and engineers.
- Collaborate with 2D and Motion designers to create a large range of 3D creation
- Work closely with leads to create 3D assets for various projects from cross functional teams and internal/ external proposals
- Create large range of artistic 3D artwork from modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline
- Develop designs from concept to production ready assets
- Perform project updates, revisions, and maintenance as required
- Communicate with developers to ensure efficient and accurate implementation of designs
- Minimum 3 years work experience in game, animation, VFX, or illustration relevant field
- Must have a strong portfolio showcasing advanced design skills
- Advanced understanding in Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, and Substance Painter
- Rigging skills a must
- Ability to conceptualize advanced models with low poly count
- Ability to create UV layouts
- Ability to work under a tight timeline
- File organization and time management skills a must
- Knowledge or interest in the mobile app market
- Interest in AR technology
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Desire to learn new techniques
Even Better If
- Understanding of current trends in pop culture
- Intermediate animation skills
- Experience working with international partners at different time zones
- Understanding of the landscape and new developments in new media, tech and entertainment industry
- Experience working in a fast-changing, hands-on work environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.