Senior 2D Concept Artist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
We are seeking a full-time Senior 2D Artist who will contribute to the design team with creating accessories, characters, and other interactive assets for our mobile apps. We are looking for a candidate with strong illustration, environment, Character conceptual skills, as well as creative thinking. As a senior 2D artist, you should possess a great eye for design, problem solve, color, composition, and have strong draftsmanship to create production work. The ideal candidate embraces challenge and growth, desire to learn new technologies, love to share knowledge, thrives in a team environment, and possesses a confident, passionate, self driven attitude.
- Create a wide range of original 2D artwork as well as concepts for characters/ environments and assets for effects in a timely manner
- Work closely with leads to develop concept designs for various projects from cross functional teams and internal/ external proposals
- Conduct research and create trend guides to support projects and concepts
- Pitch ideas/concepts with references and concepts with strong verbal skills
- Perform project updates, revisions, and maintenance as required
- Communicate with tech team to ensure efficient and accurate implementation of designs
- Support content/ marketing department with artwork for campaigns and video challenges
- Provide feedback and mentorship to junior 2D artists
- Minimum 5 years work experience in game, animation, VFX, or illustration relevant field
- Senior-level portfolio that demonstrates an advanced understanding of form and value, also shows great sense of color and unique designs or concepts
- Ability to work under a tight timeline and deliver quality work
- Advanced understanding in digital painting software, like Photoshop, Illustrator, or painter...etc
- File organization and time management skills
- Knowledge or interest in the mobile app market and social media platform
- Interest in AR technology
- Desire to learn new techniques and love to share knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Must submit a resume and must include a link to your digital portfolio with samples of your work
Even Better If
- Quick photo-bashing skills for quicker turnaround production time
- Understanding of current trends in pop culture
- Intermediate animation skills
- Experience working with international partners at different time zones
- Understanding of the landscape and new developments in new media, tech and entertainment industry
- Experience working in a fast-changing, hands-on work environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.