Technical Artist - Shader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok enables everyone to be a creator, and encourages users to share their passion and creative expression through their videos.
About the job
Our mission is to capture and present the world's creativity, knowledge, and precious life moments, directly from the mobile phone. TikTok enables everyone to be a creator, and encourages users to share their passion and creative expression through their videos.
TikTok is seeking a full-time Technical Artist to support 2D and 3D artists in our LA office. Do you like to create automation tools for artists to work faster? Do you have experience doing rigging/skinning systems? Are you a creative technical problem solver?
- Responsible for creating shaders, improving lighting and technical aspects of animation, as well as assist in the creation of assets and demos
- Work closely with design and engineer teams. Facilitate the communication and coordination of processes and plans
- Help engineers to optimize creative tools and designers to improve design processes
- Understanding the principle of Interactive design and able to apply it to work
- Optimization of creative tools for better asset creation
- Technical documentation of mobile game art assets development
- 3-5 years of experience
- Good aesthetic sense. Keen eye for light, color and animation
- Good team player; strong communication skills and good product sense
- Proficiency in the use of Maya/Adobe Creative Cloud/Substance Painter/Marmoset ToolbagMaya/ZBrush
- Familiarity with 2D/3D game special effects creation
- Familiarity with computer graphics. Great understanding of light modeling, Linear algebra, GLSL/HLSL; as well as using shaders for lighting effects and screen effects
- Excellent knowledge of programming language, such as Lua and Python
- Thorough understanding of real-time rendering engine; ability to identify and address roadblocks
- Experience in developing Unity and Unreal is a plus
- Understanding game animation is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.