Senior Concept Artist - Unannounced AAA Action RPG
Scopely is looking for a Sr. Concept Artist to join us remotely from the US!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the gaming industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Scopely is building an exciting AAA multiplayer action game for consoles, PC, and mobile, using Unreal 5. We believe this stylized fantasy project has the potential to be massive in scale and industry-defining!
What You Will Do
As a Senior Concept Artist, you will help establish the stylized artistic vision for an exciting new fantasy IP. Both subject matter specialists (characters, monsters, environments, etc) as well as skilled generalists are encouraged to apply. You will be working with an experienced AAA team to lay the visual foundations for this new world, and inspire artistic, creative, and narrative innovation.
- Create inspirational artwork to explore look development and visual direction goals
- Embrace feedback and iteration to establish the art vision for the game
- Create functional concept art to guide 3D artists building game content
- Work with other teammates to creatively accomplish art, gameplay, and narrative goals
- Help define and maintain a consistently high quality bar for the game and franchise
- Guide and mentor other team members and partners, providing verbal and paintover feedback
What We Are Looking For
- Experience creating fantasy, or fantasy adjacent artwork
- Portfolio showing appealing stylized or non-photo-real concept art
- Professional attitude and ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Experience working as part of a game development team
- Strong foundational art skills
- Proficiency in industry standard digital art packages
- Love of fantasy universes in any form of media
- Passion for games, stories, and creating rich player experiences
- Unreal or other game engine knowledge a plus, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of 3d digital sculpting or modeling applications a bonus
- Experience working with both original and established IP a plus
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $97,400 - $160,700, plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Mobile games company. #SEIZETHEPLAY