Senior Concept Artist
Scopely is looking for a talented and experienced Concept Artist to join our team based from the U K , Ireland, Portugal, Spain on a hybrid/remote basis. We can support with visa sponsorship and relocation assistance.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the early stages of development on an ambitious, unannounced Strategy/MMO title, creating a team of talented and passionate game makers to join us on this exciting journey!
What You’ll Do
As a Senior member of the art team you will be working closely with the Art director helping to make their artistic vision come to life. You will work in a collaborative environment with our game designers and artists to explore and iterate on visual direction for gameplay. The ideal candidate will show a portfolio of realistic and stylized art that displays a high level of ability in character and environmental design.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to define the visual language and ensure all concept art aligns with the overall vision
- Create concept art that drives the artistic goals and sets visual targets through all phases of game development from pre-production to product release
- Create key art and style guides for characters, environments, vehicles and other aesthetic elements of the game
- Support the 3D and development teams with paintovers and support sketches throughout production as required
- Work alongside your broader art team to contribute visual ideas and rapid iteration brainstorming in early feature development to more clearly communicate game design ideas to stakeholders and licensors
- You will work efficiently to organize, prioritize and complete tasks within a schedule at high quality
What We’re Looking For
- You will be able to demonstrate a history of creating stunning visuals and designs
- Experience in shipping multiple titles in your career as a concept Artist
- Mastery of traditional art principles including composition, scale, painting, drawing, sketching, and color theory and design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other 2D visualization software
- Experience with storytelling, mood boards, color scripts, and storyboarding
- Experience with environment breakout sheets, character turnarounds, and paintovers
- Experience with mechanical/industrial design in world or prop design
- Strong ability to research and use reference material to support idea generation and problem-solving
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Ability to solve visual problems creatively with quick sketches
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced working with an IP
- Experience in After Effects or similar
- Knowledge of general 3D and game art production techniques
- Enjoy Sci-fi
- A passion for games
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Mobile games company. #SEIZETHEPLAY