3D Environment Artist
Scopely is looking for a 3D Environment Artist to join our team in Ireland, the UK, Spain or Portugal on a remote or hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the early stages of development on an ambitious, unannounced Strategy/MMO title, creating a team of talented and passionate game makers to join us on this exciting journey!
What You’ll Do
As a member of the art team you will be working closely with the Art director to make their artistic vision come to life, creating a wide variety of assets, from structures, vehicles and props. You will also have the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of experienced developers.
- Work with the Art Director to create visually innovative, high-fidelity 3D assets
- You will be responsible for lighting your levels in accordance to the style direction
- Translate concepts into game ready assets by creating modular and reusable assets
- Ensure that the final in-game assets are consistent with the initial concept
- Create textures that fit with the style, using Substance and Photoshop
- Integrate 3D assets into Unity and applying textures and materials
- Collaborate with design in creating blockout levels and assets meeting level design requirements, whilst creating believable and interesting spaces
- You will work efficiently to organize, prioritize and complete tasks within a schedule at high quality.
- Consistently delivering quality assets on time
What We’re Looking For
- You will be able to demonstrate a history of creating stunning game environments within a shipped game
- Experience in lighting environments
- Experience in shipping titles in your career as a 3D Artist
- Experience in environment creation across different platforms (mobile and PC a bonus)
- Extremely proficient in 3D modeling: 3dsMax, Maya, Zbrush, etc
- Extremely proficient in 2D texturing: Photoshop
- Extremely proficient in Substance
- Experience in Unity importing and optimizing assets
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Experience with PBR materials
- You have in-depth knowledge of technical limitations and requirements for in game art assets.
- Experience in Shader creation
- Worked on an owned IP
- Enjoy Sci-fi
- A passion for games
Please include a portfolio or PDF/links to examples of your work in the application.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Mobile games company. #SEIZETHEPLAY