Character Artist - EA Sports FC & UFC
The character artist is an important role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they create the cast of characters that populate the game universe. Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content with an imagination that is constantly in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data, photo references or traditional 3d means.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Sports Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such full body outfits, hair and headgear. You will report to the project Development Manager or Development Director.
- Experienced with 3+ year of industry character creation production
- Experience in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking.
- Experience in Maya, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- Experience in physical materials and how to replicate them in CG.
- Knowledgeable of PBR texture / material workflows.
- Experience with your ability to author photo-realistic textures (Substance Painter / Designer experience is a plus).
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material / concept art
- Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging.
- Knowledgeable in the creation of cloth and clothing and how you should match the character style.
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking.
- Efficient in use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff.
- Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, and likeness. showing UV layout and all maps.
- Concept to model experience is a plus.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $63,350 - $98,800 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay