Senior 3D Animator
Please note, this is a hybrid job requiring candidates to be located in Montreal. On-site attendance is necessary for a few days per week. Only individuals who are legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position. We are unable to support international relocation for this position.
We are looking for a full-time Senior 3D Animator to work on our latest project. You will work closely with our Art Director and Sr. Character Artist and be accountable for all character animations.
Our ideal candidate has an affinity for stylized 3D rendering and animation, knowledge in best practices, and is excited to be a part of a small team where they will have a lot of impact.
Our latest project is an action RPG with a strong anime aesthetic which builds upon our 10 years of experience in creating highly stylized action games. You will join us as we delve into pre-production to help flesh out this exciting new IP!
Set the standard for animation:
- Animate and integrate game characters according to art and game design guidelines. Eg: attacks, walk cycles, flinches, dodges, etc.
- Work closely with the Art Director to find the best means of realizing the game’s vision through animation.
- Work closely with our Sr. Character Artist to set up animation-ready models and rigs.
- Take ownership of the animation process, from conception to implementation, with iteration and cross-disciplinary collaboration along the way.
- Balance artistic vision, design and technical constraints.
- Establishing process, standards, and documentation for animation.
- Support other artists on the project by providing senior-level insights and experience, as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate clearly with teammates, within and across departments.
- Be a beacon for artist organization and conduct.
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in the games industry, with experience in all cycles of development or equivalent in a similar role.**
- Excellent 3D animation knowledge and skill, with an emphasis on action & combat animation.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya or equivalent 3D animation software.
- Proficiency with game engines such as Unity and Unreal.
- Strong interest in cartoon/anime animation design & appeal.
- Autonomous, organized and detail oriented.
**We value a candidate’s talent and potential over their years of experience. Experience is important, but we also welcome people who show motivation, a strong portfolio, and an eye for quality.
Nice to haves:
- Good knowledge of rigging.
- Ability to also do VFX animation.
- Good knowledge of IK and procedural animation.
- Good 2D art fundamentals.
- Some management or lead experience.
What we offer:
- Strong company culture
- Bright, clean office with standing desks, great coffee, and snacks!
- Hybrid work opportunity
- Flexible hours (core hours 10-4 Mon-Fri)
- Competitive health insurance plan paid for by Double Stallion
- Work/life balance - overtime is discouraged and rarely relied on
- 4 weeks vacation per year
- Bonus and referral program
- Financial benefits of owning Double Stallion stock through participation in our Employee Trust Program
- Young, dynamic team who are looking forward to meeting you!
If this sounds interesting to you, we can’t wait to meet you!
Please note, we probably hate writing job descriptions as much as you hate trying to squeeze yourself into a checklist. If you feel like you belong on our team, and you believe you have the skills we are looking for, please apply! Tell us why YOU belong here! Use your cover letter to win us over!
At Double Stallion, we accept, support, and celebrate diversity! People of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or who are part of any marginalized group, and any other group protected by law are welcome (and encouraged!) to apply.
Due to limited resources, only selected candidates will be contacted.
We push ourselves to solve big problems and inspire players by crafting iconic games with a fine attention to detail. Punch Up, Double Down