Character Artist Internship
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. As we move on to new projects, the studio that brought you Baldur’s Gate 3 & Divinity: Original Sin 2 is looking for a Character Art Intern to join the team and help us in crafting the high caliber games our fans have come to expect.
- Bringing interesting and believable 3D character models to life, with or without concept art. Assets involved: humanoids, monsters, animals, clothing, armor, weapons, and much more.
- Creating, baking and unwrapping high quality 3D models, created in Zbrush and Maya and texturing them with Substance Painter (or equivalent 3D or 2D packages).
- Ensuring character models follow technical guidelines by working closely with other departments such as Concept art, Design, Tech Anim and Tech Art.
- Currently enrolled in 3rd Level education in a course with an official internship programme
- Experienced in using Zbrush, Maya (or equivalent), Substance painter and game engines such as Unreal/Unity.
- Solid understanding of human anatomy and an excellent feeling for shape, colour, lighting and composition.
- Good communication skills, able to work in a team and both give and take creative input.
- A strong interest in medieval/fantasy/steampunk characters and creatures.
- Proficient written and spoken English
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
The independent studio behind award-winning RPGs