Senior 3D Generalist Artist
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior 3D Generalist Artist to join Velan Studios. As a key member of our art department, you will play a crucial role in leading a project while collaborating and creating art alongside a talented team of artists, programmers, designers, and QA professionals.
Senior 3D Generalist Artist Responsibilities:
- Be a team player and help guide artists as well as engineers, designers, and QA towards the best visuals for the project.
- Use your skills in various programs to create high quality and stylized optimized in-game assets.
- Stay up on current trends and techniques in the industry to help push quality and speed on your assigned projects.
- Assist production and leads with reviewing schedules, providing estimates, and completing tasks on time.
- Help establish processes and pipelines and mentor other artists at the studio.
- Mostly autonomous and able to self-direct while being passionate about leading a team.
- Able to work on multiple projects at once and easily understands how to context switch.
- At least 8+ years of game industry experience as an Environment or Generalist Artist with a background in Art Direction and/or Technical Art.
- Demonstrated ability to create clean and stylized work while optimizing assets for real-time use.
- Expertise in modeling, texturing, hard-surface, organic surface, and material work for environments and props.
- Advanced understanding of Maya/3D Max, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and/or other game production tools.
- Solid understanding of Game Engines such as Unreal and Unity.
- Expert at solving challenging graphics, assets, shaders, material, lighting, and performance problems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-direction, passion, and creativity in your work.
- A receptiveness to feedback and the ability to act successfully on direct critique.
- Concept and creative ideation (2D or 3D).
- Rigging, skinning, and animation experience.
- Knowledge of VFX creation and optimization workflows.
- Shader knowledge and skills.
- Zbrush, and/or a realistic artwork pipeline.
We're thrilled that you're considering joining our team. We want to let you know that candidates who can work onsite in our Troy, NY studio are highly preferred. We believe that working together in person can foster better collaboration and creativity, and we're excited about the opportunity to have you right here with us. Velan Studios is made up of a team of remote, hybrid, and onsite employees, with hybrid and onsite team members operating from our Troy, NY office.
The salary for this position is typically within the range specified below* per year. Please note that the actual base pay may vary based on factors such as your qualifications, skills, experience, and other relevant considerations. In addition to your salary, our comprehensive compensation package includes various perks, such as potential annual bonuses (though they are not guaranteed), health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and flexible time-off benefits.
*senior to specialist salary range: $80,000. - $150,000. USD
A scrappy indie studio in upstate New York. Makers of KnockoutCity and Mario Kart Live Home Circuit