Concept Artist [Splinter Cell]
We're working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a beloved franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft's Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
On being a Concept Artist at Ubisoft Toronto:
As a Concept Artist at UbiTO, you will lay the groundwork for the artistic team to create memorable characters, and environments players will engage with and enjoy. You will provide the artwork that will serve as references and guide the visual styling throughout the production as all artists work towards a common goal.
You are a visionary, a thinker, a developer and an interpreter of ideas, able to be inspired while also inspiring others. You understand a vision and let your creativity guide you as you freely explore styles and designs in your medium of choice. You're eager to receive your colleagues' feedback and enjoy the challenge that comes with the continuous, iterative process of working and reworking your art until you communicate the correct visual design language.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
The daily life of a Concept Artist at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Partner with the art director to develop the overall vision of a game (set the tone and ambiance; pitch locations, key moments, emotional contrasts, etc.);
- Produce sketches and quick iterations (digital or paper);
- Create concepts of characters or environments from existing references or scratch;
- Propose ideas to the artistic team and discuss possibilities;
- Adapt your artwork based on feedback;
- Find a balance between creative aspects and technical constraints;
- Refine your concept art to illustration by adding layers of detail.
Skills & Requirements
What it takes to make it:
- Previous experience in Concept Art for another AAA title or at least 3-5 years of other relevant experience;
- A college diploma in Fine Arts or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset);
- Knowledge of digital painting and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max);
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, architecture, and anatomy;
- Open-mindedness and flexibility;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (you can share your ideas and explain your creative process);
- A collaborative spirit;
- A whole lot of creativity and curiosity.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of finished and preliminary work – seriously, show us your sketches! Attach images or send us a link to your website or online portfolio
We know that skills and competencies show in different forms and can be based on different experiences. That's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
How to Apply
Follow this link to apply: https://smrtr.io/dy99Z
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with ori...