Lead 3D Artist
Mysteria Studio is seeking an experienced Lead Artist for a freelance position to play a key role in shaping the visual identity of our PC Action RPG project.
You’ll lead and motivate a talented team of 3D Artists, for which your artistic, technical, and leadership skills are of great importance.
We offer a fully remote work arrangement with flexible working hours.
- Enhancing our artistic direction in collaboration with the Game Director, Producer, and our Art Team
- Creating a Style Guide and improving our onboarding materials for new artists
- Optimizing the 3D art asset production processes for our Art Team
- Participate in the scheduling of the art production
- Managing the art team and assigning tasks to each team member based on their specialization
- Creating briefings for each required 3D asset based on our concept art
- Reviewing the work of our art team, giving constructive feedback, and providing solutions to problems
- Checking the 3D assets in Unreal Engine 5 to make sure they are rendered correctly and look realistic
- Helping expand our art team and reviewing the portfolios of new applicants
- Experience working on at least one commercially shipped game as an art director or lead artist
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in artistic roles within the video game industry
- Expert in 3D modelling (Max, or Maya, ZBrush) and realistic PBR texturing (Substance 3D) workflows
- Ability to work in a self-organized manner within a team, while being respectful and an attentive listener
- Minimum availability of 1-2 hours per work day to provide essential feedback to our team members
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Comfortable with leading a 100% remote working team
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A link to your online portfolio and / or examples of your past work in PDF form.
- Your hourly pay rate.
- Optionally, a few words about projects you’ve worked on, medieval fantasy things you like etc.
- Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the job.
The first step for select candidates is to go through an onboarding process before they can join the team.
This is done via our Art Guide & a Google Meet call. We know that your time is valuable, and try to keep these as brief as possible.
The second step is to sign a freelance contract and complete an application task, which is paid at your regular pay rate.
We‘re looking forward to your applications!
Mysteria Studio UG is an established German Indie Game Development Studio with an international team, founded in 2012