Concept Artist - EA Sports Madden
The role of the Concept Artist is crucial as their work will be the stylistic building blocks for the FC project. A concept artist interprets a client's design brief or expands your original idea by illustrating the key characters and environments of work. This preliminary artwork is simple but expressive as it will be developed and expanded further during the development process.
Concept Artist Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Concept team and Art directors regarding the brief for the project.
- Researching relevant project material including translation styles, characters, and similar projects.
- Presenting concepts, research, and references to the project team.
- Interpreting initial ideas and creating quick sketch drafts for review.
- Creating detailed concept designs in a variety of mediums specific to the brief such as 2D drawings or 3D renders.
- Participating in feedback consultations and noting changes.
- Developing characters, environments, props, logos, and designs based on feedback.
- Manage project timelines and schedules and report any issues to the supervisor.
- Keeping up to date with the latest design trends and advancements in technology.
- Be a strong team member but self-reliant and driven.
Concept Artist Requirements:
- Strong drawing skills, with a specialization in concept design.
- Solid understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, shade, composition, depth of field, proportion, spatial awareness, etc.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong artistic and storytelling ability.
- Excellent sketching abilities for rough conceptualization.
- Ability to draw in a variety of styles.
- Proficient in a variety of digital 2D and 3D software programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, and Blender.
- Ability to deliver high-quality artwork against tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, ability to explain concepts and support artistic choices.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new software programs and tools.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the animation and game development processes.
- Knowledge of anatomy and zoology, costuming, physical settings and history-related references, Solid awareness of facial expression, pose, posture, gesture, and movement
- Knowledge of and or experience with different Architects and Architectural styles, including Modern , Post-Modern, Contemporary, Neo-Futurism, De-constructivism etc.
- 3-5+ years of experience working on multiple video game titles or relevant concept art experience.
TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITION - 12 MONTHS
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay