Remote Character Artist
We are looking for an artist that can create character concept art, 3D models, and textures. The candidate should be interested in stylized fantasy worlds, toon shaded rendering, modeling clothing, modeling hair styles, and modeling cute and creepy creatures.
We are a small fully remote team based out of the United States with members in multiple countries and time zones. Due to our small size, candidates with more generalist skill sets and experience are preferred. We are open to part time or full time work.
- Collaborate closely with the team to produce quality art and define the visual style and themes of the game
- Create 3D game assets including models and texture maps that meet technical and quality standards
- Create 2D game assets including concept art
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of a specialized art production pipeline for non-photorealistic rendering
- Demonstrate strong self-scheduling and time-management skills in a small team with no dedicated producer
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling programs (Max/Maya/Blender)
- Strong knowledge of 2D painting programs (Photoshop/Gimp)
- Basic understanding of character rigging and animation
- Experience using game development tools to import and setup models for use by the game engine
- Strong technical modeling skills including normal editing, vertex painting, and UV mapping
- Experience with high and low poly modeling
- Good communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly iterate on concepts
Apply to email@example.com
Hypersect is Ryan Juckett's game studio. Made INVERSUS. Now making something new!