Remote Environment Artist
As an Environment Artist at DECA, you will be an essential contributor to the creation of the game world's visuals. You'll collaborate with a dedicated team of artists, designers, and engineers to design, model, and texture environments, breathing life into the virtual worlds that will captivate players. If you have a passion for world-building and the creative skills to make it a reality, we want you to be part of our exciting journey.
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CET).
- Design and create visually stunning and immersive 3D environments, landscapes, and assets that seamlessly blend with the game's narrative and art direction.
- Contribute to the development of game worlds, including terrain, architecture, vegetation, and props. Ensure consistency with the game's lore and thematic elements.
- Exhibit good color theory and technical expertise in architectural layout, lighting, scene composition, and environmental FX polish (bloom, color adjust, fog, etc.).
- Creatively model from rudimentary or unfinished concepts, showing an a.m.understanding of the goals of the design, to final, production-ready models.
- Produce high-quality textures and materials to breathe life into the game's environment, emphasizing realism and visual appeal.
- Create shaders for environment assets, volumetrics, decals, ambient effects, etc.
- Collaborate with technical artists and engineers to optimize assets for in-game performance while maintaining artistic integrity.
- Work closely with art directors, level designers, and other artists to ensure that environmental art aligns with the game's overall vision.
- Provide feedback on environmental art created by other team members, ensuring it meets the established standards.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and asset libraries for environmental assets.
- Proven experience in environment art for video games, particularly in MMOs or open-world games.
- Ability to take 2D concept art to completion.
- Proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling and texturing software (e.g., Maya, 3ds Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop).
- Strong understanding of lighting, composition, and color theory.
- Knowledge of game development pipelines and the ability to work with various game engines, experience with in-house engines is a plus.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to provide feedback to outsourcers.
- A good understanding of MMO games, storytelling, and world-building.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.
We are the best in the industry at live operations of free to play games