Senior Character Artist | IP Division
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 270+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Looking to create characters that are revered by all? SkyBox Labs is excited to be adding a Senior Character Artist to our IP Division. Joining the team in the early phases of development, you will be a pivotal part of the creations and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond. You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the art of this game!
If you’re interested in putting your creative skills and expertise toward new Original IP, apply today!
A snapshot of your role:
- Provide comprehensive support throughout all stages of character art modelling
- Design and create high-quality, fully textured realistic 3D characters
- Focus primarily on humanoid characters, with involvement in hard surface and props
- Partner with Concept Artists, Tech Art, and Design to achieve project goals
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating high-quality realistic character and hard surface art
- At least 5 + years of experience in game development working in 3D character modelling
- Shipped 1 or more AAA titles with a focus on realistic visuals
- Experienced in prototyping and pre-production
- Comfortable with various software including Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer
- Knowledgeable in Unreal 5 processes, materials, and blueprints, as well as experience with real-time hair (XGen, Ornatrix, etc.), are both a bonus
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid and remote working arrangements: leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Burnaby Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, explore other disciplines through our Guild Program, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and various group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
The base salary range is $94,600 - $141,800. The stated pay scale reflects the range that SkyBox Labs reasonably expects to pay for this position. Your base salary will be determined by various factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, skills, and experience.
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
Halo Infinite (co-developer) | projects in the Minecraft universe | MTG Arena (supporting development) | Stela (creator)