3D Environment Artist
** This position can work remotely most of the time in CA and is expected to commute to the office when it is needed.**
GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese gaming company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. We publish titles across multiple platforms ranging from AAA to handheld to mobile. Our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry who are brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
The 3D Environment Artist will be responsible for helping to create high quality 3D environments for our title. The 3D Environment Artist will be responsible for creating models, textures, shaders, and also using them to create complete scenes and environments.
- Work with Level Designers to ensure that environments are compelling both visually and also from a gameplay perspective
- Setting up scenes and lighting using the specified game engine
- Create benchmark 3D models, textures and materials based on concept art or other specifications
- Willing to explore different approaches of creating environmental assets for game, including but not limit to Procedural Building Generation and sculpting
- Provide feedback for models and textures made by internal and external artists
- Work with developers of other discipline to make sure that the art assets support the game performance and memory budget as a whole
- Look for and share information regarding latest best practices or tools for better or more efficient 3D art creation
- Help out with design, or testing when necessary
- Travel on business or work beyond normal work hours when necessary.
- Other responsibilities assigned as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- 2+ years experience concepting, modeling and texturing environments using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance Designer/Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- You know next gen modeling, sculpting and procedural techniques and you know how to use them effectively to create handcrafted and stylized art with allure and appeal.
- Experience with creating Environments in Unreal
- Good communication skills—able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets
- Great team-player attitude—being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines
- Intensive experience working with game engines
- Good foundation in art and design, includes composition, form and color theory.
- Strong understanding of architecture and city planning
- Fluent with Photoshop, Substance Suite and ability to paint textures
- Knowledge of managing art assets for games in clean organization
- Experience setting up 3d scenes and lighting required
- Experience working with particle effects is a plus
- Experience teaching Art, and Environment Art in particular, on-line or in person
- Houdini Experience
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We have a highly collaborative and playful culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. We are all specialists in our own field so you will constantly learn new things while sharing your own knowledge with us.
- 100% employer-paid insurances: Health insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Life insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance, and Long Term Disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off: Vacation, Personal time, Sick Leave, Holidays, and Winter Breaks.
Our name is pretty convenient since we are so GungHo about all things gaming. Our mission is to publish delightful games for all to enjoy! Come check ...