2D Concept Artist / Illustrator
We’re looking for a 2D Concept Artist / Illustrator that enjoys sketching characters and objects that would feel at place in properties like Mario, Pokemon, or Fortnite. Stylized toys are the keywords!
At Pyramid Lake Games you will have the fun role of exploring new toy-like characters in a game that lets players build their own characters (bigfoot with a robot body anyone?), along with the freedom to explore improving existing mini game environments (ie. this beach environment is cool, but this could make it 100x better).
We are a small indie team that has launched two titles already, and is looking to improve an existing game (Floor is…What!?) to release in Q3 2024.
Even better, Nintendo Switch and Xbox gamers will get to experience your work! And yes, your name will be in the credits 🙂
We are looking to hire immediately.
- Ability to thumbnail / rough sketch out core ideas to share to receive creative direction before refining in more detail
- Ability to refine ideas into character design sheets to hand off to our 3D modeler(s) that include side, front, and back views when necessary
- Self motivated and able to speak up to suggest ideas (we want creative and critical thinking, not just a production artist!)
Nice To Haves
- Based in CST -4 to +4 timezone
- Fan of Mario Party style games
What We Offer
- Fully remote position with maximum flexibility and autonomy. Work whenever and wherever suits you best.
- No unnecessary meetings or distractions. Focus on sketching rough ideas, sharing with the team, and doing what you love.
Things to Consider:
- 3+ Month Contract starting immediately
- $1,000 - $2,000 a month / part time fixed rate
- This game will be released on PC and Consoles (we are approved development partners with Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony already)
How to Apply:
At Pyramid Lake Games, we value your work and your projects more than formalities. Don’t send a cover letter. A resume isn’t even necessary for this role. Just send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to your portfolio. You must include a portfolio of concept art with work from 2023.
Please share your work and contact us by clicking the apply button.
Indie studio. Nintendo Dev Partner. Maker of things.