Concept Artist - Sea of Thieves
We’re looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our development team, working alongside Rare. You will be working closely with our Internal project team and the team over at Rare in the visual development of Sea of Thieves, producing creative and visually inspiring concept art to help our teams bring your artistic vision to life in their designs.
- Work closely our internal team and Rare to develop new props and cosmetics
- Produce callout sheets (including orthos and full render)
- Visual development skills; the ability to communicate ideas through thumbnail sketches and full-colour illustrations
- Ability to work in an established visual style
- Expert in working in Photoshop and other 2D digital media
- A strong eye for form, shape, structure, colour, and light
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to suggest creative solutions
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Good visual design sense
- Experienced in 3D packages (eg. Maya, Blender)
- Familiarity with game engines (eg. Unreal)
- Awareness of current industry trends and techniques
- Strong understanding of texture and material creation
ImportantThe interview process for the Concept Artist role is made up of 3 stages:
- First interview (45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with members of our Art team. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Art Test – Art test sent by the recruitment team and reviewed by the hiring team.
- Final interview (30 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Production Director. This will be a chance for you to get to know the Senior Management team and all the things that make Lucid, Lucid! You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio and Culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact email@example.com
Independent game developer for Console and PC, based in Liverpoo