Senior Concept Artist
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to help us build worlds, characters, inspire incredible production artwork, and work with the Studio Art Director and Creative Director – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a team player.
Our Senior Concept Artist is a practical artist, experienced in all aspects of concept art and production techniques while being inspired by film, 2d and 3d design, graphic and architectural design and being an expert in the requirements of the games industry. You will communicate and work with an Art Director and taking feedback and direction, making sure the concept team is maintaining the vision for the project at the highest quality.
You will report to the Lead Concept Artist
Build games can be tough, with many challenges and a constantly evolving production environment. As a Senior Concept Artist, we believe you have the following:
- Knowledge of concept production realities is a must, as this is a hands-on position
- Experience shipped two or more AAA games, with at least one of those titles in the position of Senior Concept Artist.
- Understanding of composition, color theory, design and lighting that we can see exercised in your portfolio – both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
- Knowledge of at least one industry-standard painting package and a 3D modeling package.
- Draw, paint, sketch, create and render inside of a digital painting package. Using the correct style for the requested concept (rendering, photo bash, 3D paint overs, line art and orthographic production illustrations).
- The ability to maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers and concept team.
- Experience communicating with and managing requests from 3D and character artists, designers and lighting artists to achieve the requirements of the project.
- Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals while parsing that information to a concept team.
- Be patient, and a mentor to your team. Pathfinding, and conflict resolution are all part of who you are as a leader.
- Tackle multiple visual challenges but also have a specialization that may include but is not exclusive to character design, hardware, environment and set piece design.
Qualifications: we believe you have experience working with:
- 2d/3d packages
- Design for modern games
- Techniques for photorealism and lighting
- Candidates with experience in outsourcing and cross-studio collaboration
- Experience with daily scrums and management requirements of the role
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, Engineering or Writing test
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $131,600 - $213,300
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $131,600 - $213,300
Jersey City, NJ: º $154,800 - $213,300
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $131,600 - $179,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay