As a 3D Artist at Resolution Games you will work together with a team of artists and programmers with the focus of ensuring the highest overall quality of all the visuals of the game. Your specific focus will be to take ownership of the assets you produce, from the beginning to the end result. It can be anything from modeling to texture/vertex-paint, both the characters as well as the environment of the game. You will also work in the game engine to implement the assets you make.
In this role collaboration is really important and you will be working closely with teammates to implement the best possible solutions to creative problems. You will also be in constant communication with stakeholders such as the Art Director, the producer and the creative lead to make sure all deadlines and goals are met while keeping an eye on quality. You will get to contribute to all parts of the game development through playing, discussing, and feedbacking all the way through the process.
What you’ll do
- Play a key part in bringing our visual ideas to life by creating tangible 3D assets including props, environments and characters.
- Creation of game-ready 3D assets from start to finish. I.e. modeling to implementation in the game engine.
- Follow an existing workflow/pipeline for 3D or help create one if needed
- Constant communication with stakeholders such as the Art Director, the producer and creative lead to make sure all deadlines and goals are met while keeping an eye on quality.
- Following the 3D workflow established within the team if there is one and developing a good workflow if assigned as the only 3D artist in the team.
- Working closely with teammates to implement the best possible solutions to creative problems.
- Occasionally, simple rigging and/or animation of assets.
- Simple shader work as needed by the project using Shader Graph or similar.
- Creation of simple 2D assets is involved from time to time such as title screens, game icons and logos and working with the UI of the games.
- Always keep great optimization and performance in mind, ensuring that all 3D assets created and implemented meet or exceed the established performance standards.
- At least 3+ years of professional game development experience as a Game Artist
- Good understanding of game engines and preferably Unity
- Good understanding of performance and optimization
- Ability to work in a variety of art styles
- Ability to adapt art and workflows to technical constraints and hardware limitations
- Fluent in at least one 3D software such as Maya, Blender or others.
- Proficiency in 3D asset-creation (Objects, Environments, Characters) for games from low poly to in-game asset. This includes: Modeling, LODs, UV’s, High-Poly Sculpting, Baking, Texturing
- Proficiency in Substance Painter, Photoshop or other texturing software
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of unity particle system
- Working knowledge of unity shader graph/ shader forge or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Zbrush and or other digital sculpting software.
- Experience in rigging and Animation
- Prior experience working with XR technology
Resolution Games is a games studio led by some of the top minds in the industry, forging a world-class catalog of titles