We are working on several other VR titles and making VR games for some of the world's most influential VR, music, and technology companies.
Are you passionate about the game industry and have drawing skills? Do you have experience with world-building and visualizing abstract ideas? We're looking for a Concept Artists to join our remarkable team and help us deliver immersive experiences for an existing social VR platform. You'll be responsible for developing the initial visual concepts (characters, props, environments) from a script or creative brief.
We're a passionate team of highly knowledgeable and enthusiastic people, diverse creative individuals worldwide with distinct cultures, backgrounds, and skill sets. We constantly strive for ultimate quality in our games, company culture, and values. Our studio's most precious asset is our people; our job is to give you the creative freedom, tools, and support to become the best version of yourself!
You will work closely with a cross-functional team that involves developers, game designers, sound designers, creative writers, and producers.
- Experience with concept art for games
- 2-3 years of experience in a concept artist role.
- Strong drawing skills, with a specialization in concept design for props and environmental assets
- Ability to draw in a variety of styles
- Knowledge of anatomy and zoology, costuming, physical settings, and history-related references
- Solid awareness of facial expression, pose, posture, gesture, and movement
- Able to draw from written briefs
- High-level attention to detail
- Solid understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, shade, composition, depth of field, proportion, spatial awareness, etc
- Good communication skills, ability to explain concepts and support artistic choices internally to the team and externally to clients
- English proficiency
- Experience in Virtual Reality and Social Gaming
- Experience in working with virtual worlds
- Experience or overall knowledge of 3D modeling
- Liaising with the producer, art director, game developer, etc, regarding the brief for the project
- Researching concept subjects, styles & genres
- Creating detailed key designs from a written brief
- Presenting a series of drafts of the concepts for approval
- Responding positively & proactively to feedback
- Drawing up specification sheets, establishing dimensions & details for others to follow
- Working to a schedule
You'll be part of a broader cross-functional team, and while there, you will be working as part of our art team with other concept artists to help us flesh out new ideas for our games.
- Salary based on experience (full-time contract).
- Fully remote work and much flexibility - you can work according to your style and schedule.
- Office equipment budget per year.
We are an independent studio passionate about making quality games and invested in paving the way for the future of XR. You'll work in a creative and positive working environment with a diverse team of highly experienced and enthusiastic people. Your voice will be valued within the team! A good idea can come from anyone.
If you share these passions and believe you have the qualifications to do this job, even if not everything fits, please contact us!
Founded in 2008, Kluge is a VR/AR first creative technology studio developing its own portfolio of VR games as well as helping forward-thinking brands and companies build immersive VR/AR products and experiences.
Based in LA, Kluge has a growing team of globally distributed technology creatives, who are all working closely together to forge the future of VR and AR.
Founded on the principles of collaboration, scrappiness and creativity, Kluge is quick to recognize a compelling idea, whether it comes from one of our team members or our supportive community.
If you are looking to flex your creative muscles and want to join a company where you are given the freedom to make a difference, you will find a welcome home at Kluge.
What it’s like to work with Kluge
- You have a lot of freedom to work where and when you want. We are 100% remote, and fully decentralized, with team members across both coasts of the USA, as well as in different parts of Europe, Latin America and Australia
- You have a lot of flexibility to take the time off you need when you need it the most
- You’ll work with a very collaborative team, made up of artists, developers, and producers, working together with input from other disciplines and departments
- You have the ear and direct access to the founding team who is open to feedback and looking for you to continuously improve and grow along with Kluge
Final Fury is a fighting game reminiscent of your favorite combat games, reimagined for VR.
Let the music move you as you catch notes, ride the rails, and dodge obstacles! Synth Riders is a freestyle interactive VR rhythm game enjoyed by thousands of fans across the globe. Currently available on the Oculus store, Steam store, and PlayStation, Synth Riders has 56 OST songs, a DLC track list that includes artists such as Muse, The Offspring and Caravan Palace. Synth Riders also offers a wide selection of game modifiers, a global leader board and multiplayer rooms that allow you to play and compete with fans from around the world.
Kluge Interactive is the VR & AR game studio behind Synth Riders, a top-selling VR rhythm game.