Character Animator (3D)
Howdy! The Big Hops team is growing and we need help making our player and NPCs more expressive with animation.
We’re a very small team, each wearing many hats, and we’re hoping to find someone similarly multi-faceted. The ideal candidate has strong opinions about game feel in character-action games and a lot of experience with 3D character animation. If you have additional experience in another area (like rigging, enivironment art, or something else) that’s even better!
We strongly encourage people of color, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people to apply. Luckshot Games is an equal opportunity workplace and welcomes everyone to our team.
- Use existing Maya or Blender rigs to animate characters for gameplay, dialogue, and cutscenes.
- Improve the game feel and fidelity of our player character with animations, custom transitions, etc.
- Build on existing NPC authoring tools to improve fidelity and variety of NPCs in a cost effective way.
- 2+ years of professional experience using a 3D modeling kit (Maya or Blender preferred) to animate characters.
- Familiar with the Unity editor, prefab, animation workflows.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Willing to learn new workflows, self-motivated, curious.
- Detail-oriented, thoughtful, and aware of dependencies across systems and schedules
Nice to Have:
- Proficient in rigging characters and gameplay interactions.
- Proficient in 3D modeling, texturing to fill holes in production as needed.
- Strong opinions about character animation and game feel in modern and classic character-action games.
- Experience developing for consoles, mobile, or VR platforms (especially optimization).
- Love for frogs and or 3D platformers.
- Diverse interests, especially outside video games.
Some Important Info:
- Most of the team is based in Austin, TX but this role is very open to remote work.
- This role is Full-Time (40 hrs / week), but is contract so doesn’t include salaried benefits.
- Pay is monthly and not hourly (so we can better include sick days and vacation time).
- Please include specific questions with your application!
How to Apply:
To apply, fill out the form! And if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Luckshot Games was founded in 2015 to make innovative, high quality games filled to the brim with character and charm