Senior Environment Artist (3D)
Greensky Games build the kind of VR games we believe will define the platform: intense, physical, flow-state inducing. Our first title, SWARM, is the #1-rated Action title on the Quest.
We're working on our next game and looking for great developers and artists that share our passion for building original and outstanding VR gameplay experiences.
Are you ready to unleash your imagination and bring virtual worlds to life? Greensky Games is seeking a talented 3D Environment Artist to join our team and help create immersive and engaging environments for our next virtual reality game. You'll collaborate with other artists, designers, and engineers crafting immersive environments to bring the game to life.
We are a small studio where, as a member of our team, you will have the chance to shape the creation of the game from the very beginning, and gain a wealth of experience in the game development process. Unleash your potential and make your mark in the industry by joining us on this exciting journey.
- Greensky Games is a work-from-home studio and will always support that option
- Annual team offsite, somewhere warm
- Competitive salaries
- 5 weeks paid vacation, and we observe all major holidays
- Extensive healthcare benefits package covering dental care, prescriptions, and more for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and children
- The annual base pay range for this role is between $70,000.00 and $120,000.00 CAD + benefits, + profit-sharing.
Call of Duties:
- Collaborate with the art director and game designers to create 3D environment assets that bring the game to life
- Imagine worlds that service the storyline and contribute to the immersive nature of the game
- Shape the 3D environments suitable for VR gameplay fitting to the game mechanics
- Create and optimize 3D environment assets, such as buildings, terrain, props, and other elements that make up the game world.
- Work with the technical art team to ensure the assets meet performance and memory constraints.
- Communicate with the animation and lighting teams to ensure assets integrate seamlessly into the game.
- Adhere to the production schedule
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools and techniques in 3D environment art.
If you don’t meet all of the qualifications, but you're convinced you can do this job, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU, PLEASE APPLY. We’ve just written these qualifications as a guideline, we don't require college degrees and welcome people who’ve had non-linear career paths. Just include a few short sentences (less than 5) about why you’d be a good fit, and apply through the button at the bottom of this JD.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience in creating 3D environment assets for games
- Experience using industry-standard 3D modelling and texturing software
- Strong understanding of real-time rendering and game engines, such as Unity
- Experience working with PBR materials and textures
- Strong understanding of composition, colour theory, and lighting
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong sense of design
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to take direction and feedback
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with VR or VR tools
- Passion for VR games
- Experience working at an indie studio
- You are a fan of story driven games
- You arrived at platform 9 3/4
Ready to go back to the future?
You have a hunger for gaming and a thirst for creating that needs to be fulfilled. You want to work with our unique and quirky team creating groundbreaking games. You are a problem-solver at heart with a verve for bringing creative projects to life.
At Greensky Games, we believe in operating with integrity, treating all individuals with dignity and respect, and fostering a culture of growth and excellence. As a company, we value transparency and make it a priority to always choose what is right over what is easy. We are committed to building a workplace that supports diversity and inclusivity and we do not discriminate on the basis of anything.
We welcome you to be a part of our mission as we create the next wave in gaming experiences. Together we will strive not only to win but to grow as individuals and as a team. Join us and embark on a journey of growth, learning, and exciting new challenges.
For the right candidates within Canada, we may offer to cover relocation expenses.
Greensky Games builds the kind of VR games we believe will define the platform: intense, physical, flow-state inducing