Senior Environment Artist
We're looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join the team at Playdemic! This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an experienced team of artists and animators working on environments for the BAFTA award-winning mobile game Golf Clash. This role is based at our studio in Wilmslow on a hybrid or onsite basis.
- Reporting to the Lead 3D Artist, you will work with the Art Director and Lead Artists to execute the creative vision effectively.
- You will mentor and give feedback to mid-level and junior level artists to inspire and push quality levels.
- Generation of high-quality, believable terrain and prop/asset creation and population with a good eye for composition.
- As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be contributing to the overall art design of courses and working with the team to turn that direction into achievable tasks.
- You will ensure that all work conforms to the technical requirements of the production pipelines, and help to flag any potential issues that could arise.
- Strong understanding and execution of hard-surface 3D asset creation in 3ds Max or similar software, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to create efficient, high-quality art assets for use in mobile gaming.
- Excellent understanding of environmental layout and composition, and passionate about creating believable worlds.
- General understanding of custom shaders.
- Strong understanding of physically based rendering (PBR) workflow.
- Proficient in use use of Substance Designer to make trim sheets/textures.
- Familiarity with World Machine or similar software.
- Familiarity with Speedtree.
- 3D sculpting skills in Zbrush or similar software.
- Strong traditional art skills.
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay