Senior Environment Artist
As an SEMC Environment Artist you will bring our game environments to life. Your environments need to be visually stunning as well as adhere to gameplay constraints, but most importantly your work must tell a story whether it's realistic or stylized. You will also generate ideas and craft designs that resonate with our players. As a problem solver, you will come up with visual solutions that will adhere to AAA standards, all while keeping performance in mind. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
This position will work on SEMC’s upcoming co-op action title set in the Rebel Moon IP.
- Conceptualize and execute environments that are inspiring and unique, while maintaining a consistent look throughout various locations and types of environments.
- Aid level Designers in creating interesting and functional gameplay scenarios.
- Able to make semi-realistic and stylized artwork
- Communicate the environments' history and lore through design
- Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, keeping up with the pressures of a challenging and fluid production schedule.
- Research, ideate, iterate, and quickly generate environments.
- Work within an isometric perspective in 3d space.
- Work closely with the Art Director to define and maintain the visual target of environments on a wide variety of projects
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and a great team-player.
- Proficient with traditional, and digital tools
- Proficient in 3D software like Maya, 3dsmax, Blender, Zbrush, Substance etc.
- Strong knowledge of composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, and architectural design
- World Building and kit creation experience
- Assisting with paint-overs to help guide other 3D artist towards a more effective design
- 4+ years of professional experience working in Environment Art
- Shipped at least one game title
- Creating environments for a small screen experience.
- Architecture background or experience
- Experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary
- AAA game development experience.
- Mobile game development experience.
To apply, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality environment art–including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $70K-140K. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!
Creator of beautiful, immersive cross-platform gaming experiences. Makers of Vainglory and upcoming Catalyst Black.