Lead 3D Artist
Black Shamrock is looking for a Lead Artist to be part of our creative team and work on ambitious Playstation5, Xbox Series X and PC games. This is a full-time position based in our Dublin office, which involves working in an international environment.
The ideal candidate will have a great aesthetic eye, strong technical understanding of AAA art pipelines, proven leadership and mentoring abilities, be a great communicator and be able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director.
What you will be doing
- Oversee the art creation for AAA projects.
- Ensure all assets are optimised and built in accordance with the platforms technical limitations.
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction, and ensure unified look and consistent quality across the project.
- Develop knowledge and expertise within their team while furthering their own performance and skillbase.
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team.
- Partner with design team to support gameplay requirements, narrative elements and objectives.
- Help set up best practices and streamline production processes.
- Identify project risks and problems and suggest relevant solutions.
- Prioritise, plan and organise tasks for themselves and their team in conjunction with the Producer.
- Assist with interviews and performance reviews.
What you should have
- Over 5 years of games industry experience with at least 1 year in an art leadership role (shipped at least 1 AAA console title).
- Expert knowledge in a 3D modeling software such as Maya, 3DSMax and Blender and sculpting software such as ZBrush and Mudbox.
- Excellent knowledge in material and texture creation such as Substance Painter and Photoshop and a comprehensive understanding of PBR pipelines.
- Strong sense of scene composition and visual storytelling, with a strong eye for lighting, colour and detail.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your work.
- Proven leadership, team and people management skills.
- Thorough understanding of the game creation process, from concept to launch.
- An in-depth understanding of effective asset creation and optimisation.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
What we offer
- Company Healthcare Plan – from day one!
- Eligibility to join Occupational Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements – healthy work-life balance.
- PTO Days for Wellness and Sickness.
- Training and Skill Development Opportunities.
- Wellness Initiatives and Workshops.
- Charity Events, Social Events and Participation in Community Engagement Schemes
Full Game Development & Co-Development Studio