Lead Concept Artist
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Lead Concept Artist to join the core game development team. This person will be leading a team of Concept Artists towards the development goals while mentoring others and nurturing a professional work atmosphere where the individual artists and the team can grow towards their full potential. Equipped with a strong artistic vision and imagination, this person will bring any designs to life and engage in developing compelling and iconic game worlds and experiences.
Founded in 2018, Redhill Games holds a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry. Our studio is dedicated to co-developing leading action-adventure games, setting us apart as a one-of-a-kind presence in Finland. With experienced leadership and an outstanding development team, we offer the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best AAA studios in the industry.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As part of our international team, you'll connect with gamers who share your passion, ensuring there's always someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing excellent access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers.
- Effectively lead, manage and mentor the Concept Art team.
- Assess the quality and consistency of the produced Concept Art and be accountable for meeting the Redhill quality standards.
- Be an active part of the art production and help in the scoping and planning of the Concept Artwork.
- Work collaboratively with designers, artists, programmers and producers to create AAA-quality Concept Art for a wide range of artists (Character, Environment, VFX, etc.)
- Possess 6+ years of experience as a Concept Artist and at least 4 years in the games industry with at least 1 shipped title or equivalent on a live game.
- Being comfortable in presenting designs and concepts to others in a clear, compelling manner.
- Be an open and approachable person who can comfortably interact with people from various cultural and societal backgrounds.
- Have a solid grasp of art and design fundamentals and the ability to use them in a wide range of styles and subject matters. (Realistic, stylized, environments, characters, props, etc.)
- Understand the game design and its technical constraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) while translating those restrictions into visuals that enhance the player experience.
- Able to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and knowledge of general 3D software.
- Experience in working with Photoshop or other relevant painting/design tools.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Skills in traditional illustration, sculpture or 3D modelling.
- Solid understanding of 3D art and its dependencies in real-time rendered products.
- Worked game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Proprietary engines, etc.
- Additionally, this position is based in our Helsinki office, and candidates must be available to spend time on-site.
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance, which includes limited dental coverage.
- 5 weeks of paid holiday, flexible working hours and commitment to an excellent work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and an annual profit-sharing scheme.
- Well-being benefits include lunch, entertainment, and commuting benefits.
- Start an exciting journey in Helsinki, Finland! We offer a seamless transition with our personalized relocation and integration services.
At Redhill Games, our recruitment, hiring, and retention practices are designed to ensure equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. We celebrate and embrace diversity in our team with representation from over 25 nationalities! We are proud of the different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives that our employees bring to the table, and we firmly believe that building an inclusive work environment is essential for promoting creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
Redhill Games capitalizes on the extensive knowledge of AAA PC and console titles in co-developing some of the world's leading gaming brands