Environment Artist - World Builder
That's No Moon is an independent studio of storytellers and game-makers who believe in the power of narrative-driven experiences. With a diverse team of talented developers, from some of the top game studios in the world (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Bungie), our shared vision is to create the future of AAA experiences with a culture of creativity, collaboration, and responsible production practices. Our passionate team of developers help shape our studio, our projects, and our future.
We are seeking an Environment Artist with a drive for bringing realistic natural worlds to life through environmental storytelling and shape language , and an eye for artistic and game compositions. Through tight-knit collaboration with our team, you will contribute to the definition, creation and final execution of all aspects of modeling and world building for in-game and cinematic AAA content. With your help we will push the industry to new heights of realism, gameplay and storytelling!
- Build polished cinematic and in-game environments and assure the highest quality and efficiency using industry standard 3D modeling packages and Unreal
- Work closely with Material Artists and Level Designers, crafting compelling spaces from rough layout through set dressing
- Collaborate with all facets of art, game design and tech art to develop and improve the environment pipelines from prop creation and scan acquisition to final in-game polish and optimization
Requirements & Skills:
- Understanding of environment modeling and world building techniques
- Modeling skills in any of the following packages: Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, and ZBrush
- (Bonus) Unreal Engine, Houdini, and Substance Painter experience
- (Bonus) Experience or interest in assembling or using scan libraries
- (Bonus) Experience with crafting or modifying foliage
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Phenomenal teammate invested in the success and development of outstanding environments.
- Able to communicate effectively, give feedback and direction as well as adapt to creative and art direction.
A new independent AAA development studio founded by award-winning game makers and storytellers