3D Art - Rigging Intern
3D Art - Rigging Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars™ Jedi: Survivor, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create ground breaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
- You will help create assets including characters, weapons, and props, learning all aspects of production from concept to integration. This includes Modeling, Texturing from given reference.
- You will adapt your work based on feedback and reviews.
- You will review and give feedback on 3D assets to ensure they meet technical requirements
- You will create or match an existing aesthetic style and implement it through authoring of assets
- You will optimize assets for performance based on given requirements
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree granting program in a related field
- Knowledge in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop
- 3D Modeling: understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- You have a good eye for movement and anatomy
- You have some experience with programming in either python or mel.
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (Shaders, PBR, Normal maps, Displacement maps etc.)
You must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2024. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $19 - $48
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $17 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $22 - $48
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $19 - $42
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $22 - $48
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay