Senior 3D Character Artist & Animator
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior 3D Character Artist & Animator to join our team. You will be an integral part of the character development process, responsible for bringing our game’s characters to life. You will collaborate closely with the art director, concept artists, and other members of our team to create a variety of memorable humanoids and creatures, focusing primarily on enemies and bosses. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in animation, able to provide compelling, high-quality animations that feel natural and authentic.
While this is a fully remote position, applicants will need to be available for core hours from 10am to 2pm ET in order to collaborate with coworkers.
- Create high-quality 3D character models, textures, and materials for in-game use, ensuring they meet the artistic vision and technical requirements of the project.
- Collaborate with concept artists to translate 2D character designs into 3D assets, while adding your artistic expertise and creative flair.
- Ensure that character models are optimized for animation and rigging.
- Assist in the creation of character pipelines and contribute to the continuous improvement of character creation processes and techniques.
- Keyframe beautiful character animations across locomotion and combat that match the vision and fidelity bar for the project.
- Collaborate with our designer to meet gameplay needs to ensure all animations feel great within the engine.
- Work in-engine to Implement animations and script solutions to problems when necessary, leveraging our tooling.
- Collaborate with our engineer for any highly technical animation work that comes up.
- A strong portfolio and demo reel showcasing a diverse range of 3D character art and animation.
- Strong proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling and sculpting software.
- Strong proficiency in Maya for animation.
- Solid understanding of animation principles, body mechanics, motion and character performance, enabling you to create convincing and expressive animations.
- Expert understanding of anatomy, form, and proportion, with the ability to create stylized characters.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a small, multidisciplinary team.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to project requirements and changes.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, you thrive while working without supervision.
- Prior work on Science Fiction / Science Fantasy projects
- Both humanoid and creature experience
- Good working knowledge of Unreal Engine’s animation systems.
How to Apply
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (or linkedin) and a link to your portfolio with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Afterburner Studios is a multi-national 3-person studio currently developing the indie game Dreamscaper.