Senior 3D Environment Artist
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team. You will be an integral part of the environment development process, responsible for bringing our game’s worlds to life. You will collaborate closely with the art director, concept artists, and other members of our team to create models, materials, build, light and set-dress a variety of different worlds.
While this is a fully remote position, applicants will need to be available for core hours from 10am to 2pm ET in order to collaborate with coworkers.
- Collaborate with the art director, designers and concept team in the creation of environments that support gameplay and storytelling.
- Creation of production ready 3d models for architecture, foliage and miscellaneous props.
- Creation of Shaders within Unreal.
- Drive the lookdev of locations and environments while working closely with the art team.
- Strong proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling and Unreal Engine.
- Deep understanding of environment modeling, material development and level meshing.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a small, multidisciplinary team.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to project requirements and changes.
- Overall artistic eye with a deep understanding of traditional principles such as atmospheric perspective, depth cues and visual balance.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, you thrive while working without supervision.
- Prior work on Science Fiction / Science Fantasy projects
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume (or linkedin) and a link to your portfolio with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Afterburner Studios is a multi-national 3-person studio currently developing the indie game Dreamscaper.