2D Artist / Animator
Hat Games is looking for a skilled Artist/Animator to join our small and mighty team. This unique opportunity will involve both assisting with art direction and creating a wide variety of 2D art assets for our upcoming indie game.
The candidate will work closely with our Art Director to determine and maintain a visual style for the game and must have strong skills in character design, environment design, visual effects and animation.
We are particularly interested in artists who can work in a simplified, cell-shaded, fantasy or anime style.
- Work closely with our Art director to shape the aesthetics of the project.
- Create vibrant 2D characters, environments, visual effects and user interfaces.
- Prepare and animate art assets.
- Collaborate with the wider team to help maintain visual consistency.
- Give, receive and respond to constructive criticism.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a related field.
- A portfolio showcasing strong character design, environment art and visual effects in a simple cell-shaded style.
- Solid understanding of color theory, shape language and visual composition.
- Practical knowledge of animation principles and software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Aseprite or equivalent.
- An interest in advancing skills in art direction
- Practical knowledge of game design with respect to 2D art and animation.
- Experience working and implementing 2D art in a game engine.
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home options
- Paid vacation
- Job Title: 2D Artist/Animator and Assistant Art Director
- Location: Montreal or Remote in Quebec
- Type: Full-Time
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to email firstname.lastname@example.org resume, portfolio and a brief introduction of themselves. Please include “2D Artist / Junior Art Director Application” in the subject line.
We also encourage candidates who feel they don't fulfill every requirement to apply, as we believe that a positive attitude, determination and desire to progress are the most important qualifications.
Hat Games is a Montreal-based independent game company with a commitment to elegant and innovative mechanics