2D Skeletal Animator
Studio Imugi is a small team of award winning game industry veterans based in Quebec City and Montreal. Our vision is to create games that focus on strong storytelling elements and cultural relevance. We are a lifestyle driven company, a mature and sustainable work culture, with a focus on communication and utmost respect for each other and our players.
Currently, we are working on an unannounced alternate history, strategy-tactics hybrid game. We’re looking for an amazing, experienced 2D skeletal animator to join our team and bring life and drama to the tactical battles! If you feel you don’t meet our requirements below, we'd still love to hear from you! We want to work with great people! :)
- Full-time, permanent employment with a flexible schedule.
- Fully remote, but preference for candidates in the province of Quebec, Canada.
- Diploma in animation, art, multimedia or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working for a professional game studio.
- Expertise in Spine or equivalent 2D skeletal animation software.
- Good knowledge of 2D animation techniques and constraints for a video game.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting up 2D skeletal rigs for army units, mechs and environmental elements to support mesh warping.
- Craft animations for 2D rigs that create the illusion of perspective.
- Work with team members to find animation styles that are cohesive with the art direction.
- Develop a thorough and consistent animation methodology.
- Import and integrate animations in Unity.
- Propose and plan tasks for yourself relevant to the production goal
What we’re looking for
- Excellent remote communication skills in English - actively participating in discussions and notifying the team about any issues and ideas.
- Strong collaboration and critique skills - working closely in an interdisciplinary team and providing/receiving constructive feedback.
- Creative and self-motivated - comfortable with independent problem solving and learning new skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with particle systems or VFX in Unity.
- Familiarity with Scrum.
- Interested in strategy games, history or mechs.
- Fully remote!
- 4 work days a week, with flexible work hours! (32 hours a week).
- 3 weeks of flexible paid vacation + 2 weeks of paid winter holidays per year.
- Excellent collective insurance program.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send us an email to email@example.com with your CV and portfolio.
Founded in 2021 by Jongwoo Kim (Kitfox), Martin Brouard (Sabotage, Frima) and Quinn Kybartas, Studio Imugi pursues innovative projects with strong narrative elements, while maintaining a mature and sustainable work culture. This means no crunch, and utmost respect for each other and our players - regardless of differences in title, discipline, cultural background, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation.
Studio Imugi is named after a mythological serpent from Korean legends, which repeatedly rises from the water to try and ascend into the sky. The Imugi’s spirit of persistence and innovation is an essential aspect of our studio’s values and a metaphor for the craftsmanship involved in indie game development.
Studio Imugi is an independent video game developer founded by industry veterans in Quebec City, Canada