Capy is a team of veteran game developers based out of Toronto. Our work is driven by creativity and heart with mutual respect at the core. We strive to make amazing games and have fun while doing so.
Duration: 6 months+ (with potential to extend)
We are seeking a multi-talented 3D Animator/Rigger with experience in Blender and Unity to join our team. This individual will work with a collaborative cross-discipline team to bring a highly stylized art direction to life.
- Create character rigs and animation tests for stylized 3D playable characters, with an emphasis on cosmetic customization
- Create character rigs and animations for enemies, NPC
- Support in-engine implementation in Unity
- Collaborate with art and programming teams to create and support an implementation pipeline between Blender and Unity
- Collaborate and support art team in translating 2D game art aesthetic and feel to 3D
- Strong 3D rigging and animation experience in Blender
- Strong animation sense of action, weight and clarity
- Shipped at least 1 3D mobile or PC/console game
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with stylized pipeline solutions
- Experience with stylized game art styles
- Fundamental Photoshop knowledge
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with entire 3D pipeline including modeling, texturing and experience with environments and props
- Experience with 2D-based facial expressions on 3D characters
- Familiarity with Unity shaders and lighting
- Experience with animation styles that prioritize snappy posing, expression and readability
- Experience with asset management software such as Git or SVN
- This is a full-time, contract position with a possibility of extending after 6 months.
- Capy is a remote workplace with optional physical workspace in our Toronto studio.
- We value healthy work-life balance and support flexible working hours.
We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or gender identity.
About Capybara Games
We’re Toronto-based independent video game developer Capy (short for Capybara Games). We’re the 25 person studio that made games like Grindstone, Below, Super Time Force, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Don’t Starve Shipwrecked and a lot more.
At Capy, our work is driven by creativity and heart. Since 2003, we’ve been making games that explore new worlds and ideas that spring from the minds of our team and collaborators. We’ve created for a variety of PC, console, and mobile platforms, across a breadth of genres, always in pursuit of creating games that inspire us and our players. The result is a catalogue of games that explore joy, beauty, melancholy, music, and playfulness — with even more exciting frontiers for us to explore on the horizon.
Capybara Games is an award-winning, independent video game studio based in Toronto Canada