Senior Character Artist
Senior Character Artist
At Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, we are building the AAA studio of tomorrow. Our Los Angeles-based game studio is dedicated to crafting community-first experiences powered by cutting-edge technology and genre-defining innovation. We welcome artists of all levels and backgrounds to join us either in-studio or fully remote as we build the next great Battlefield experience.
Our Values: Honesty, transparency, and curiosity are of the utmost importance to us. The best artists are “forever students,” and it’s important that our devs grow in their crafts, discover new paths, and push one another towards mastery. We reach excellence through tireless iteration and we seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio’s creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist like you to help us craft the most realistic and memorable characters in the industry. This role will report to our Line Manager, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates within the US or Canada to apply.
Work task examples:
- Sculpt high-resolution characters
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Assist in character concept and design
- Partner with the Animation and Technical Art teams to create practical and timely solutions to all related technical and aesthetic issues
Skills We Look For:
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
- Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience with Marvelous designer
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Military gear & hardware knowledge a plus
- Game experience a plus
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Make your daydream your day job. #OurWorkIsPlay