Character Concept Artist
One Man Studio is an outsourcing studio working with the mayor AAA Companies in the industry. We are a Team of experienced and passionate developers who love videogames.
This is a fully remote position.
The role at One Man Studio
As a Character Concept Artist you will be designing characters for our fantasy game. You will work in conjunction with the Art team, design and Narrative to visualize all together in to ground-breaking concepts. Our ideal candidate is fluent in visual design, used to create unusual and creative silhouettes with a portfolio that demonstrates excellent fundamental artistic skills.
We’re looking for an artist that can capture a whimsical and fantasy feeling in their work, exercising a sensitivity that is often missing from modern fantasy epics.
What You’ll Do:
• Produce high-fidelity character concepts based on Narrative and design debrief
• Create compelling and whimsical character / creature designs.
• Collaborate with the Narrative, Gameplay and Character Art teams to produce flexible, iterative designs that can inspire the rest the Team
• Actively accept and action feedback from Art Leads and the Art Director
• Solve visual problems with creative flair whilst remaining considerate of technical and gameplay constraints.
What you’ll bring:
• A portfolio demonstrating excellent fundamental art skills- with an emphasis on anatomy, shapes, silhouettes and character design. This can be provided as a link to a portfolio website or as an attachment along with your resume.
• A demonstrable understanding of concept art techniques.
• A good eye for composition and visual design principles.
• Excellent understanding of light and colour, silhouettes and value relationships.
• A strong sketching ability that can capture key ideas in the early stages of your work.
• Great communication skills in English
This is a fantastic opportunity to create a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team
Where do we stand on diversity?
At One Man Studio, we know that diversity and inclusivity will make our teams (and the amazing work that they do) better! We encourage and welcome ALL applications.
Outsourcing Studio for the Entertainment Industry