Senior Concept Artist
Senior Concept Artist (Hybrid / Remote)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Firewalk Studios is dedicated to creating unforgettable multiplayer experiences that capture the joy of playing together. We believe in the power of multiplayer and want to delight players with worlds that spark imagination and forge connection through immersive gameplay, artistry, and heartfelt characters. We are currently working on an original multiplayer game as part of Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Creating worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team. Firewalk is building a world-class, next-generation game studio with a focus on a more sustainable approach to game development. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Concept Artist who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Senior Concept Artist is responsible for creating compelling, original concept art and helping our team achieve their aesthetic vision.
- Play a key role in defining the look and feel of the brand with a clear and distinctive visual identity that aligns with the goals of the product and tell a story.
- Generate designs for a variety of characters and creatures.
- Illustrate, and compose highly effective art assets following IP specific brand and in- game style guidelines.
- Explore a wide variety of ideas through sketching, mood boards, 3d mockups, finish concepts, and illustrations.
- Heavy emphasis working with narrative team and conducting live drawings.
- Work alongside Pallet and Character Artists for paint overs of in game assets.
- Actively participate in playtest sessions to evaluate how concept designs are working in context of the game and providing feedback.
- Meet with Lead Designers, Lead Artists, and Lead writers to review your most recent work.
- Solid game industry experience and knowledge about game industry trends and art styles.
- Hands-on production and pre-production knowledge.
- Advanced experience utilizing Blender, ZBrush and Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, and industrial design.
- Strong art portfolio exhibiting exceptional skills within Sci-Fi, mythology, fantasy themes, samples of characters, environments and props.
- Experience working with first / third person camera orientation in games, and how this affects visual clarity and game design.
- A deep understanding of human, creature anatomy and architectural knowledge.
- Solid approach from ideation to final concepts.
- Ability to convey emotional intent through dramatic lighting and composition.
- Works effectively across all game development disciplines.
- (Preferred) Shipped at least one AAA game or equivalent.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Firewalk we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pushing the Boundaries of Play